If you can’t beat them, join them! We’ve put together an At-Home Wellness Retreat guide for all those who are unfollowing their friend’s European Summers on Instagram. You’ll be able to refresh your life from the comfort of your own home. No Jet-lag Invited!
- Reserve an entire weekend (or even one day if you can’t find the time!)
- Create an Itinerary – schedule everything as if you were the owner of a retreat company except your customer is you! Write down your activities, meals & downtime – you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do.
- Plan your meals – create a menu and shop for groceries (bonus points for maintaining your zen outside at your local markets as one of your activities!)
- Schedule both energising and relaxing activities – an example day could look like: morning meditation & journaling, mid-morning yoga flow, afternoon massage, evening restorative yoga, bedtime meditation & journaling. (Journaling on your retreat allows you to reflect on your life and set some new goals.
- Disconnect & commit to silence. Try not to call anyone if you don’t need to. Silence is bliss and will really help you get in tune with your true self.
- Pamper Your Self – Make sure you schedule in some ‘do-nothing’ time. Try creating one of these home-made masks for bath/robe time where you can soak up the blissful nothingness!
If planning your own retreat isn’t for you, RETREAT YOURSELF has got you covered! They create seasonal love-filled packages, filled with health and wellness products including edible health foods and supplements, bath and body products and beauty products. The box also includes the ‘Retreat Yourself’ Wellness Guide – a 28 page long guide with a range of healthy recipes, stretching routines or workouts, skincare & lifestyle articles + more. The ensure you get the most out of your Retreat Yourself Box, these guys have even provided you with a day plan, which shows how you can incorporate the products and guide into a ‘retreat style’ day. Where do we sign up?!