WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR YOU ASK?
- Calming down the nervous system- Aka when you are stressed or feeling anxious or nervous.
- Great for lower back and hip pain
- Lengthens and stretches the spine
- Releases tension in shoulders and chest
- Calms your body and mind with the use of the breath
- Can ease constipation
HOW TO I HEAR YOU SAY?
- Find a nice calm space. Start by kneeling on your yoga mat or the floor (or in my case my calm spot was the beach) Sit back on your heels with you knees parted wide.
- Keep your hips on the heels then bend over and lower your chest and head to the floor.
- Reach your arm out in front of you with your fingers long. (If you have shoulder issues or pain keep the arms beside your body with hands on the floor and your palms facing up to the sky. (If this is not comfortable, you can place one fist on top of another and rest your forehead on them.)
- Gently press your chest on your thighs and take 10 deep breaths into your lungs feeling your ribcage expand.
- Slowly roll up to sit on the heels again and stack vertebra by vertebra to come to sitting tall. You should feel calm and realigned.
NOTE: avoid if you have knee injuries or are heavily pregnant.