I absolutely love my role as a wellbeing ambassador for Cotton On Body along with my fave bikini body babe Kayla Itsines! We had a lot of fun and laughs at the photo shoot and even managed to squeeze in a little workout between shots. We thought we would share it with you.
SUPER PARTNER ABS WORKOUT
Grab a fitspo buddy now and get to it. This abs workout can be done anywhere!
Step 1: Sit on the ground with a straight spine and bent knees.
Step2: Interlock your feet with your partner and touch hands in the centre.
Step3: Roll backwards pulling through your belly button (into a backwards sit up), rolling out each vertebra onto the mat, exhaling as you go. Next bring your hands behind your head, inhale, and then exhale as you pull yourself up (with the help of your buddies ankles and feet) drawing your belly button down and in.
Repeat 20 times. Grab a buddy, partner, co-worker or a family member and add this to your workout today! We promise you’ll love it!
Working out with a buddy is a perfect way to mix up your exercise routine. It keeps things interesting while making sure you both stay motivated. Give it a go and trust me, before you know it you will be swapping your weekly coffee or cocktail catch ups for a sweat sesh with your bestie! (Well maybe not every time!)
Here are my top 5 reasons training with a buddy will take your workout to a new level:
- Accountability. If you plan a solo early morning workout and then hit the snooze button to get some extra shut eye, no one will know about it. But, if you plan to meet a friend at the crack of dawn instead, you know she will give you a hard time if you leave her stranded! Knowing you are meeting someone will give you extra motivation to go. Give your friend permission to give you a hard time whenever you don’t show!
- Competition. A friend can provide a little bit of healthy competition and extra inspiration in a workout, by pushing you both to work harder. If your friend is a little faster than you, it will push you to keep improving, and if you can lift a little heavier than her, you will inspire her to get stronger.
- Motivation. Had a tough day at work? Fighting with the BF? The last thing you feel like doing is a workout On days like this, where you will be tempted to blow off the gym, your workout bud will be there to cheer you up, and assure you an endorphin producing sweat sesh is exactly what you need!
- Streeeeeetch. There is nothing like stretching with a friend to bend you into those shapes you just can’t reach on your own. Try a partner straddle stretch by sitting with your legs out and straight, holding onto each others hands and taking turns to pull the others chest down to the ground. Then, bring your legs together and do the same in a pike stretch.
- Fun! There is nothing like pumping some good tunes and getting sweaty with your bestie. Catch up on all the latest gossip, share stories, take some selfies and have a laugh as you pant through your workout. Instead of dreading the gym you will actually start looking forward to it!
So what are you waiting for? Grab a buddy and head outdoors for a training session. I promise you won’t regret it.
Steph Prem as featured on the Cotton On Body Blog