Try one of our favourite healthy dinner recipes from our online training program, ‘Energy & Performance’.
Serves: 2 | 20 min Prep | 15 min cooking | 266 Cal/ serve
- 1 Eggplant (325g)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (20g)
- 1 x 400g Canned Lentils, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 Red Onion (78g), finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar (5g)
- 1/4 Cup Basil Leaves (10g)
- 40g Baby Spinach
- 50g Low Fat Feta
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill plate to medium high heat. Cut eggplant into 1cm thick slices and brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Cook eggplant on grill for 2 minutes each side or until golden and softened.
- Combine lentils, onion, remaining oil, vinegar, basil, spinach and feta in a large bowl. Toss to combine and stand for 5 minutes so the spinach leaves soften a little.
- Layer eggplant slices with the lentil mixture between slices onto plates. Season with freshly ground black pepper to serve.
Access more of these delicious, easy, and healthy recipes + shopping lists, at-home workouts and motivational tips in our four-week program, ‘Energy & Performance’. Sign up here.