Scrumptious chocolate brownies with a hidden serve of vegetables? Trust me, they’re delicious! Impress your friends with this healthier take on the popular sweet treat.
Makes 10 gluten-free brownies
- 600 grams sweet potato
- 3 and a ½ tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 180 grams almond meal
- 10 medjool dates, pips removed and chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla essence
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into small squares.
- Steam the chopped potato for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Place aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the chopped dates and potato to a food processor and blitz until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the dates and potato to a large mixing bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking paper lined lamington tin and bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned and cooked through.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into 10 squares.
Image: Deliciously Ella