It’s officially flu season and the number of people affected this winter has hit a record high. Apart from regularly washing your hands we’ve found our favourite Winter Green Soup by nutritionist, Jaqueline Alwill, that is jam packed with greens to boost your immune system and have you feeling your perky self in no time. Plus it tastes delicious so it’s a Win/Win!
Read the full recipe below:
GF : DF : SF : Vegan
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 brown onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems roughly chopped
- 1 bunch english spinach, trimmed and roughly torn
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- pinch sea salt and black pepper
- To serve: fresh herbs, seeds and a touch of coconut milk if desired
Heat a large saucepan on medium heat, add coconut oil, garlic, onion and celery and cover with a lid to sweat the vegetables for 4-5 minutes. Add turmeric, zucchini, broccoli and stock and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add peas, pinch of sea salt and black pepper and cook a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat and blend. Serve with fresh herbs, a sprinkle of raw seeds and a spoonful of coconut milk if desired.
Served with your choice of toasted bread.