These are 7 home-workout essential tools for any fitness, yogi or Pilates devotee. We are all busy and time poor but one thing is for sure we all need a little home routine to keep us going. Here is your toolkit for a no-excuses home workout & stretch station.
- The trusty yoga mat (if I need to explain what this is or why you need it then this blog post is not for you)
- The spikey ball. If you are not familiar -then get familiar. Learn to love this little ball of spikey goodness- he can cure a lot of evil. Unreal for trigger pointing and self-massage of sore, tight or injured muscles.
- The foam roller- Like the spikey ball this one you need to learn to love! Think improved blood circulation, lengthening of tight, sore muscles, ligaments and tendons from stress or overuse. (also great for cellulite ladies!!) The foam roller is a great therapeutic recovery tool for any sports/ fitness enthusiast
- H2O bottle. Stay hydrated people. Even a living room sweat session can get you puffed. I find if I keep a water bottle on me and keep it filled I’m guaranteed to drink more water.
- The Thera band/ resistance band- what a handy little guy he is. You may know him as the band your Physio gave you (and expected you to do all those exercises with remember?!) This nifty elastic tool is great for all fitness levels, adds variety to your workouts, great for injured or weak muscles and great for a variety of stretches. Also super handy to travel with.
- Mini dumb bells/ hand weights: they are inexpensive and easy to use. Great for building muscle in your arms or improving your flexibility with the use of the dumbbells combined with stretching.
- Pilates ball. (You can also just use a flat soccer or basketball or kids toy ball) This is great to place in your knees and use for pelvic floor and deep abdominal activation work. One of many possibilities and endless exercises you can use this guy for.
Good luck building your workout essentials kit for home. Tag #premiumperformance with your home workouts!