Farewell soggy old sandwiches with this superfood salad. Think fresh flavours, filling proteins and plenty of healthy fats for a brilliant lunchtime feed.
- 6 cups chopped kale or spinach leaves
- 2 cups cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 avocado, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsalted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons avocado, macadamia or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Prepare the quinoa according to packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Combine the kale, quinoa, seeds, nuts, goji berries, avocado and orange in a large mixing bowl and stir gently.
- Place the lemon juice, zest and oil in a mason jar, shake until well combined and pour over the salad.
- This salad is perfect on its own or delicious paired with grilled haloumi, chicken or salmon.
Image: EnJOY it by Elisa Blaha Cripe